This event takes place on 14th November 2020 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm and will take place at Zoom Talk so wherever your computer is!. It is a Guild event being organised by Gilly Meeks, Information about the event Contact Gilly () TO BOOK Contact Sarah Adcock () .
Saturday November 14th 4.30pm
Price £8.00 Guild member price.
This lecture introduces quilters of all backgrounds to the modern quiltmovement. Intimidated by modern quilts or just confused or curious about this emerging trendin quilting? Carole dispels some of the myths and misunderstandings so you can understandand appreciate this new style of creative quilt expression.Carole is an enthusiastic modern quilter, teacher and mixed media artist based in Florida. She brings a painless and fun approach to improvisational modern quilting to her lectures and workshops. She began quilting many years ago when she decided to make quilts for her family. From those beginnings, Carole decided very quickly to break from traditional patterns and start creating her own designs using inspirations from modern art and other sources. Her work has been exhibited in museums and galleries in the U.S., Canada and other countries. Carole has writtentwo books on modern quiltingandhas been published in many other books. Her work has been juried into both quilt and art exhibits and has won awards.Today, her focus is on exploring the modern quilt movement. She lectures and teaches workshops on modern quilting techniques for beginning and experienced quilters, helping each quilter find their own unique approach to expanding beyond the traditional.
How to Book a place
- Email Sarah Adcock (firstname.lastname@example.org) and express your interest.
- Sarah will reply, confirm if there is space and reserve your place.
- You will pay, preferably by bank transfer, quoting your name.
- You will confirm to Sarah that the bank transfer has been made and your guild number.
- Sarah will subsequently send out the Zoom meeting joining instructions.
- We will offer the places on a first come, first served basis, and keep a waiting list should other regions have spare seats.
- If you can’t pay by bank transfer please advise Sarah and pay by cheque.
- See page 13 of Cobwebs for full details.
You will need access to Zoom, a stable internet connection, you will be able to ask questions via the Chat facility. The talk is only for paying members, the link cannot be shared nor can the talk be recorded. Full advice about using Zoom and the Ts&Cs will go out with the joining instructions.